[Freeipa-users] KDC returned error string: NOT_ALLOWED_TO_DELEGATE

Linov Suresh linov.suresh at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 19:38:49 UTC 2016

I ran  ldapsearch -Y GSSAPI, what we are seeing is IPA server 2, ipa02  is
missing on both master and replica servers. Do we need to add IPA server 2,
ipa02 on both master and replica?

*[root at ipa01 ~]# ldapsearch -Y GSSAPI -H ldap://ipa01.teloip.net
<http://ipa01.teloip.net> -b "cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,dc=teloip,dc=net"*
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
SASL username: admin at TELOIP.NET
SASL SSF: 56
SASL data security layer installed.
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,dc=teloip,dc=net> with scope subtree
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# s4u2proxy, etc, teloip.net
dn: cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,dc=teloip,dc=net
objectClass: nsContainer
objectClass: top
cn: s4u2proxy

# ipa-http-delegation, s4u2proxy, etc, teloip.net
dn: cn=ipa-http-delegation,cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,dc=teloip,dc=net
objectClass: ipaKrb5DelegationACL
objectClass: groupOfPrincipals
objectClass: top
ipaAllowedTarget:
cn=ipa-ldap-delegation-targets,cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,dc=teloip,dc=net
ipaAllowedTarget:
cn=ipa-cifs-delegation-targets,cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,dc=teloip,dc=net
*memberPrincipal: HTTP/ipa01.teloip.net at TELOIP.NET
<ipa01.teloip.net at TELOIP.NET>*
cn: ipa-http-delegation

# ipa-cifs-delegation-targets, s4u2proxy, etc, teloip.net
dn: cn=ipa-cifs-delegation-targets,cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,dc=teloip,dc=net
objectClass: groupOfPrincipals
objectClass: top
cn: ipa-cifs-delegation-targets

# ipa-ldap-delegation-targets, s4u2proxy, etc, teloip.net
dn: cn=ipa-ldap-delegation-targets,cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,dc=teloip,dc=net
objectClass: groupOfPrincipals
objectClass: top
*memberPrincipal: ldap/ipa01.teloip.net at TELOIP.NET
<ipa01.teloip.net at TELOIP.NET>*
cn: ipa-ldap-delegation-targets

# search result
search: 4
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 5
# numEntries: 4
[root at ipa01 ~]#

*[root at ipa02 ~]# ldapsearch -Y GSSAPI -H ldap://ipa02.teloip.net
<http://ipa02.teloip.net> -b "cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,dc=teloip,dc=net"*
[...]

[root at ipa02 ~]#

Appreciate your help,

Linov Suresh.