[Freeipa-users] sudo rules question on ubuntu 16.0.1

Cory Francis Myers cory at trinitymobilenetworks.com
Thu Aug 25 22:34:43 UTC 2016

We are seeing the same problem (correct group membership; matching HBAC
rules retrieved by sssd and rejected by sudo) on a new Ubuntu 16.04
client joining a realm of existing (and working) Ubuntu 15.10 hosts,
despite identical "/etc/sssd/sssd.conf" files.

Master:

    root at hades:~# cat /etc/lsb-release
    DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
    DISTRIB_RELEASE=15.10
    DISTRIB_CODENAME=wily
    DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 15.10"
    root at hades:~# ipa --version
    VERSION: 4.1.4, API_VERSION: 2.114

Existing (working) client:

    root at orange1:~# cat /etc/lsb-release
    DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
    DISTRIB_RELEASE=15.10
    DISTRIB_CODENAME=wily
    DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 15.10"
    root at orange1:~# ipa-client-install --version
    4.1.4
    root at orange1:~# sssd --version
    1.12.5

New (broken) client:

    root at orange4:~# cat /etc/lsb-release
    DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
    DISTRIB_RELEASE=16.04
    DISTRIB_CODENAME=xenial
    DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS"
    root at orange4:~# ipa-client-install --version
    4.3.1
    root at orange4:~# sssd --version
    1.13.4

I too would be grateful for any advice.  The relevant parts of our logs
corroborate what John has reported in this thread, but I can provide
excerpts if that would be helpful.

    --- Cory.

--
Cory Myers