[Freeipa-users] ipa-client-automount --uninstall breaks central sudo on ipa-server

Mariusz Stolarczyk zeusuofm at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 28 04:50:34 UTC 2016

Sorry Rob for not being clear.

I created a special location with a couple of mounts with the webGUI and then applied the command: ipa-client-automount --location=server_mounts on the ipa server. Then I checked the server and the automounts were not available. I had no problems using the command (with a different set of mounts i.e. location) for all the clients. But to be honest I didn't spend too much time trying to fix it before applying the --uninstall which broke global sudo. The command says explicitly "ipa-client"-automount and I was applying it to the server so maybe it is not the intent to be run the ipa server. I can give it another try with a virtual set up in a couple of days to confirm that.

-ms