[Freeipa-users] Permission not working as expected

Deepak Dimri deepak_dimri at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 30 09:55:36 UTC 2016

Hi Alexander,
Thanks for the reply
i tried exact steps below but it still not working.  the admin user added to new role and privilege we have created is  getting an error when trying to add or remove host of myhostgroup.
ip-172-31-29-153.us-west-2.compute.internal: Insufficient access: Insufficient 'write' privilege to the 'member' attribute of entry 'cn=myhostgroup,cn=hostgroups,cn=accounts,dc=us-west-2,dc=compute,dc=amazonaws,dc=com'.
not sure if DN (memberOf=cn=myhostgroup,cn=ng,cn=alt,dc=ipa,dc=ad,dc=test) would make any difference? I also noticed i dont get  Permission flags: V2, SYSTEM in my ipa output.  not sure if that would make any difference
I would really appreciate if this can be resolved...
Best Regards,Deepak