[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA without using User Principal Name

William Muriithi william.muriithi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 11:57:22 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am having a problem introducing IPA to an organization because
FreeIPA uses User Principal Name and the organization has scripts that
will break as they expect the short username.

I had initially used trust but have since un-enrolled it from AD as I
realized I couldn't use short name with two domains.  However, even
with a single domain, I can't seem to achieve the use of short names.
I do log in with short name after sssd change, but my env username is
in User Principal Name format

Is this objective achievable?

Regards,

William