[Freeipa-users] Permission not working as expected

Deepak Dimri deepak_dimri at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 30 13:04:36 UTC 2016

Hi Alexander,
i did try adding the "member" effective attribute in GUI and also from the command prompt But the error is not going away when i try to delete the host from my taphostgroup. for me it only works if i have (&(cn=taphostgroup)(objectclass=ipaobject)) in the --filter, BUT then the i am allowed access to all the hosts in all the hostgroup :( I am kinda stuck with this issue.  Would be great if you can suggest any further headway!

 ipa permission-mod manage-taphostgroup --attrs={'userPassword','description','nshardwareplatform','nsosversion','usercertificate','userclass','macaddress','ipaassignedidview','ipasshpubkey','member'}
Modified permission "manage-taphostgroup"
  Permission name: manage-taphostgroup
  Granted rights: all
  Effective attributes: description, ipaassignedidview, ipasshpubkey, macaddress, member, nshardwareplatform, nsosversion, userPassword, usercertificate, userclass
  Bind rule type: permission
  Subtree: cn=computers,cn=accounts,dc=us-west-2,dc=compute,dc=amazonaws,dc=com
  Extra target filter: (memberOf=cn=taphostgroup,cn=hostgroups,cn=accounts,dc=us-west-2,dc=compute,dc=amazonaws,dc=com)
  Type: host
  Granted to Privilege: tap-hostgroup-privilege
  Indirect Member of roles: taphostgroup-role
Many thanks,Deepak