[Freeipa-users] Permission not working as expected

Deepak Dimri deepak_dimri at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 30 13:54:38 UTC 2016

Let me try summarize it!
I want xyzadmin of xyzhostgroup be able to mange all the hosts with in the xyzhostgroup  - which means he should be able to delete/ add/ modify the hosts under xyzhostgroup .  This is what i currently  have in the role :  myhostgroup-role (role)--> myadmin1 (admin user)--> myhostgroup (host group where i have added the hosts) --> my-hostgroup-privilege --> my-hostgroup-permission
The problem is that the moment i add memberOf =cn=.... in the target filter then myadmin1 cannot add/delete the hosts with in myhostgroup and any other hosts in other hostgroups. However if i assign the role permission with with subtree=dc=us-west-2,dc=compute,dc=amazonaws,dc=com and filter as  (&(cn=myhostgroup)(objectclass=ipahostgroup)) and member attribute added then myadmin1 gets the expected access to manage the hosts within myhostgroup but then he also gets access to delete and manage other hosts outside of myhostgroup which i dont want!

Thanks & Regards,Deepak