[Freeipa-users] IPA port 80

Sean Hogan schogan at us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 31 23:04:22 UTC 2016

Thank you Simo,

  Is there a better source for the IPA ports required you can direct me to
other than this https://access.redhat.com/solutions/357673
which shows the below:

Resolution
IdM Server <-> Clients

     Name      Destination-port /                                         Purpose
                      Type

 HTTP/HTTPS   80 / 443             WebUI and IPA CLI admin tools communication.
              TCP

 LDAP/LDAPS   389 / 636            directory service communication.
              TCP

 Kerberos     88 / 464 TCP and UDP communication for authentication

 DNS          53 TCP and UDP       nameservice, used also for autodiscovery, autoregistration and High Availability
                                   Authentication(sssd), optional

 NTP          123                  network time protocol, optional
              UDP

 kadmind      464 / 749            used for principal generation, password changes etc.
              TCP

IdM Server <-> IdM Server (i.e. Replica)

     Name     Destination-port/Type                                               Purpose

 HTTP/HTTPS   80 / 443              WebUI and IPA CLI admin tools communication.
              TCP

 LDAP/LDAPS   389 / 636             directory service communication.
              TCP

 Kerberos     88 / 464 TCP and UDP  communication for authentication

 DNS          53 / TCP and          nameservice, used also for autodiscovery, autoregistration and High Availability Authentication
              UDP                   (sssd), optional

 NTP          123                   network time protocol, optional
              UDP

 kadmind      464 / 749             used only via localhost
              TCP

 dogtag       7389                  Server and replica communication
              TCP

 replica conf 9443 / 9444 / 9445    Recplica configuration, only needed during initial replica installation -- IPAv3/RHEL6 only (not
              TCP                   required at all in IPAv4/RHEL7)

Note: In RHEL 7, 389 port is used for replication instead of 7389 port.

I have a hard time thinking ntp is required bidirectional as well which I
assume is the indication with the <-> but I was also wrong thinking tcp
port 53 would not be required which it is(found out hard way) so I was
leaning on the docs a lot.

What would be your take on bidirectional vs uni from the above list?

We are running DNS and NTP from IPA.

Sean Hogan