[Freeipa-users] can manage user access from Serial Console & only use local users in case cannot reach IPA server ?

List dedicated to discussions about use, configuration and deployment of the IPA server. freeipa-users at redhat.com
Wed Dec 7 07:37:35 UTC 2016

On Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 09:57:22AM +0700, List dedicated to discussions about use, configuration and deployment of the IPA server. wrote:
> Hi ,
>     I'm just testing IPA on CentOS 6, login via ssh is woking fine.
>
>    I would like to try two steps but didnot find any documents-
>     1). can we manage user that access from serial interface.
>     2). in case IPA was failed, can we configure it to use local user

Note that sssd caches user lookups and even credential hashes, so
provided your user logged in at least once before, he would be able to
log in even during a server outage.