[Freeipa-users] Problem with Free IPA Client Ubuntu Precise (12.04) authenticating with AD account

Lukas Slebodnik lslebodn at redhat.com
Fri Dec 9 09:09:34 UTC 2016

On (08/12/16 16:10), James Harrison wrote:
>Hi,From this URL: https://launchpad.net/~sssd/+archive/ubuntu/updates
>i updated sssd on Trusty and I can now ssh to it using a FreeIPA user's  credentials. AD Still doesn't work.
>Thanks

That just mean that 1.12.5-1~trusty1 has still some bugs
which are fixed in sssd-1.13.4 (in ubuntu 16.04).
You mentioned that in different mail.

I would recommend to use LTS version of sssd-1.13
which is the oldest version maintaned by upstream.
You might file bugs to ubuntu for fixing old version of sssd in trusty
(1.11) but it will be much simpler to ask for backporting
1.13.4 into launchpad.

Based on ubuntu page[1] precise(12.04) will be EOL very soon
you should really consider to use newer version
The ideal would be to use ubuntu 16.04.

LS

[1] https://www.ubuntu.com/info/release-end-of-life