[Freeipa-users] DNS search timeouts and incomplete results

Martin Basti mbasti at redhat.com
Tue Dec 13 17:03:08 UTC 2016

Receiving huge list of entries is not a cheap operation, that's why
there is a default max limit set to 100/2000 entries. You have to count
with that. Maybe direct AXFR from DNS may be more suitable for you, to
get the complete list of DNS records per zone. But if you are fine with
speed, memory and CPU consumption on server side, there is no issue why
dnsrecord-find shouldn't be used.

Martin