[Freeipa-users] Free IPA Openssh client install error

Sumit Bose sbose at redhat.com
Wed Dec 14 15:39:24 UTC 2016

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 03:18:52PM +0000, James Harrison wrote:
> Hi,I installed the freeipa client on an Ubuntu Precise system (12.04)
>
> I get the following message at the end of the install:
> "Installed OpenSSH server does not support dynamically loading authorized user keys. Public key authentication of IPA users will not be available."
>
> Any clues? Is there a fix?

Either OpenSSH on Ubuntu 12.04 does not support the
AuthorizedKeysCommand sshd option or the checks ipa-client-install is
trying do not match.

ipa-client-install calls

    sshd -t -f /dev/null -o AuthorizedKeysCommand=/usr/bin/sss_ssh_authorizedkeys -o AuthorizedKeysCommandUser=nobody

to check if sshd supports the option. It also tries
'AuthorizedKeysCommand' with 'AuthorizedKeysCommandRunAs' and
'PubKeyAgent' with 'PubKeyAgentRunAs'.

Do you see related messages in /var/log/ipaclient-install.log ?

HTH

bye,
Sumit