[Freeipa-users] FYI incorrect configuration when using ipa-client-automount

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 17:53:32 UTC 2016

Hello,

I've was being bugged by a non functional automounter.

So I tried a fresh centos7.3 install (minimal) with only the additional
package ipa-client.

I did the installation and update to latest patch level and reboot.

Then ran ipa-client-install --enable-dns-updates
Did the yes/admin account/auth
And I had a fully functional freeipa-domain-client.

Then I ran ipa-client-automount
yes again.
and no functional automounter.

It appeared that the 'ipa-client-automount' tool did not adjust the
/etc/nsswitch.conf file properly.

In one occasion it replaced 'automount: files nisplus' with 'automount:
files'
in another it did not change it at all.

After editing /etc/nsswitch.conf and setting it to 'automount: files sss'
all was working as expected.

Because there is not mention about centos on
https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/
and I'm used to seeing closed not supported on the redhat bugzilla when the
word centos is mentioned
I've posterd it in the centos buglist :
https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=12415

Cheers