[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA User Authorization Guidelines Required

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Tue Dec 20 11:09:30 UTC 2016

On 12/20/2016 10:58 AM, nirajkumar.singh at accenture.com wrote:
> Hi FreeIPA Team,
>
> We have performed installation of FreeIPA Master Server and Client Server. We
> are successful with user creation with home directory and sudo configuration.
>
> Regarding Authentication we have some questions:
>
> 1.Can we implement authorized key authentication for these servers. Is there any
> way in FreeIPA we can automate the ppk key generation for each individual user?

FreeIPA/IdM supports central management of public SSH keys:
 https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/user-keys.html

> 2.If Not Automated key generation what are the possible ways for more secured
> authentication other than password authentication?

It supports Two Factor Authentication via integrated OTP support or
third party RADIUS server:

OTP:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/otp.html

RADIUS proxy: