[Freeipa-users] modify schema - add group email and display attribute

Sandor Juhasz sjuhasz at chemaxon.com
Wed Dec 21 13:07:08 UTC 2016

Hi,

i would like to modify schema to have group objects extended with email and display name attribute.
The reason is that we are trying to sync our ldap to our google apps.

I don't know how much this doc http://www.freeipa.org/images/5/5b/FreeIPA33-extending-freeipa.pdf
can be applied to groups. Neither did i find a supported attribute syntax for email, maybe PrintableString 	1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.58 	For values which contain strings containing alphabetic, numeral, and select punctuation characters (as defined in RFC 4517 ).
but i am not sure if that could hold email addresses.

It would be pretty to have it exposed via ipalib and js plugins as well.
If someone could help me out on extending schema, i would be really happy.

Sándor Juhász
System Administrator
ChemAxon Ltd .
Building Hx, GraphiSoft Park, Záhony utca 7, Budapest, Hungary, H-1031
Cell: +36704258964