[Freeipa-users] IPA Services

Callum Guy callum.guy at x-on.co.uk
Wed Dec 21 14:37:03 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I am looking to find out all the services which FreeIPA has installed and
which must be up and running as part of normal operations. I am clear on
the various systems which have been installed on the master server (we run
no replicas) however I'm not sure what resource I should refer to in order
to improve my understanding.

To get started on this I have retrieved a list of running services using
"systemctl -t service".

Our installation is working pretty well and although we have been
experiencing the odd stability issue we had believed that this is due to
wider platform changes rather than any issues with the installation. In the
service list I am seeing lots of duplicate and failed services and it is
not clear how to interpret the output and whether this is to be expected?

The attached screenshot should explain my question.

Can anyone offer any guidance for the severity of this issue? The most
pressing question is how/why we have multiple 389 instances for various
casings of our domain. The other issue is the large number of OTP service
daemons - is that an issue?!

Thanks in advance,

Callum

--

*0333 332 0000  |  www.x-on.co.uk <http://www.x-on.co.uk>  |   **
<https://twitter.com/xonuk>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/x-on/products>
<https://www.facebook.com/XonTel> *
X-on is a trading name of Storacall Technology Ltd a limited company
registered in England and Wales.
Registered Office : Avaland House, 110 London Road, Apsley, Hemel
Hempstead, Herts, HP3 9SD. Company Registration No. 2578478.
The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the
addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
X-on immediately on +44(0)333 332 0000 and delete the
message from your computer. If you are not a named addressee you must not
use, disclose, disseminate, distribute, copy, print or reply to this email. Views
or opinions expressed by an individual
within this email may not necessarily reflect the views of X-on or its
associated companies. Although X-on routinely screens for viruses,
addressees should scan this email and any attachments
for viruses. X-on makes no representation or warranty as to the absence of
viruses in this email or any attachments.