[Freeipa-users] Still unclear about relation between IPA DNS domain and company DNS domain.

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Fri Dec 23 10:15:50 UTC 2016

On 23/12/2016 09:47, Brian Candler wrote:
> /etc/pki/pki-tomcat/ca/CS.cfg:ca.defaultOcspUri=http://ipa-ca.bar.example.com/ca/ocsp
>

> However the installation process didn't actually create this DNS
> entry, so the ipa-ca hostname is not resolvable.

Aside: I think this was because ipatest.foo.example.com was only in
/etc/hosts, not in the DNS. Installation message:

ipa         : ERROR    unable to resolve host name
ipatest.foo.example.com. to IP address, ipa-ca DNS record will be incomplete

But if it had used gethostent() or similar, it would have worked:

# getent hosts ipatest.foo.example.com
100.64.2.3      ipatest.foo.example.com ipatest

Regards,

Brian.