[Freeipa-users] ipa-dnskeysyncd ipa : ERROR Login to LDAP server failed: {'desc': 'Invalid credentials'}

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Dec 30 14:30:15 UTC 2016

[ Sent just to the list.  Hopefully Martin is on it. ]

On Thu, 2016-12-22 at 10:06 +0100, Martin Babinsky wrote:

> Hi Brian,

Hi Martin,

> DS should use /etc/sysconfig/dirsrv to set its KRB5_KTNAME env
> variable
> to /etc/dirsrv/ds.keytab.

Ah-ha!

This was the problem.  When I upgraded from 4.2 to 4.4 as part of my
CentOS upgrade I pulled up the config file changes (i.e. those usually
in .rpmnew file) because I like to keep the config files up-to-date
with the package.  But when I did so, the KRB5_KTNAME setting got
dropped.  :-(

> Can you please verify that /etc/sysconfig/dirsrv file exists and that
> it
> contains the following lines?:
>
> KRB5_CCNAME=/tmp/krb5cc_389

This is actually KRB5CCNAME in my config file.

> KRB5_KTNAME=/etc/dirsrv/ds.keytab
>

> If not, please add this line to the file, restart dirsrv and try IPA
> commands again.

That worked.  Thanks so much!

Cheers,
b.