[Freeipa-users] ca install fails upgrading to 4.2.0

Robert van Veelen robert.vanveelen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 01:18:34 UTC 2016

Hi,
I'm trying to create an ipa replica from
ipa-server-3.0.0-47/pki-ca-9.0.3-45 to ipa-server-4.2.0-15/pki-ca-10.2.5-6
and cannot get the install to complete. The CS is configured as a sub to an
external CA. I keep getting the same error when running the
replica-install. Digging into pki-ca's debug log, I find the following
errors:

 java.lang.Exception: SystemCertsVerification: system certs verification
failure
&
 CertUtils: verifySystemCertByNickname() failed: caSigningCert cert-pki-ca

I've tried regenerating the source cacert.p12, upgrading pki-ca to latest,
etc. It just seems like the new replica is unable to verify the certs while
running selftests. any good tips for a next step to work out whats going on?

Thanks,

-rob