[Freeipa-users] [Centos7.2 Freeipa 4.2] browser : your session has expired

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Tue Feb 2 08:35:27 UTC 2016

On 02/02/2016 09:14 AM, Christopher Lamb wrote:

> Hi Petr
>
> I get exactly the same behaviour ever so often. We are running IPA server
> 4.2.0 15.0.1.el7_2.3, (though we got the same problem with earlier releases
> too).
>
> In my case the laptop running Firefox / FreeIPA WebUI, and the OEL Server
> running the IPA server have time within seconds / milliseconds of one
> another. The server uses NTPD (and has full missile lock on the NTP pool
> servers), and the laptop uses whatever OSX uses to keep time accurate.
>
> As I only need to use the FreeIPA WebUI rarely (every few months or so) the
> exact behaviour is difficult to pin down. It seems to work like this:
>
> a) I will sometimes have access without the "your session has expired"
> error. Typically this is when I have not used FreeIPA for a long time
> (months).
>
> b) then some days later, when I revisit the WebUI, the "your session has
> expired" error will crop up.
>
> c) as I have access to several workstations, each with several browsers
> installed (IE, FF, Chrome, Safari etc.), I may get luck and find one that
> does not give the error (while the others do).
>
> Just like the OP, the workstations are not FreeIPA hosts (or servers), and
> we use login /pw for the WebUI.

It does not matter if the workastation is FreeIPA host when login /pw is
used.

When it happens, could you examine Set-Cookie response header of
login_password request and its response in browser developer tools.

It would be good to find out if the response is successful(200) and what
is the cookie expiration date. If it's not successful, then what is in
response and in X-IPA-Rejection-Reason response header.

https://pvoborni.fedorapeople.org/images/ff-dev-tools-xhr.png

> Chris
>

> From:	Petr Vobornik <pvoborni at redhat.com>
> To:	wodel youchi <wodel.youchi at gmail.com>, Alexander Bokovoy
>              <abokovoy at redhat.com>
> Cc:	freeipa-users at redhat.com
> Date:	02.02.2016 08:48
> Subject:	Re: [Freeipa-users] [Centos7.2 Freeipa 4.2] browser : your
>              session has expired
> Sent by:	freeipa-users-bounces at redhat.com
>

> On 01/31/2016 09:49 AM, wodel youchi wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I miss explained myself apparently, here it is:
>>
>> I open a session with login/password, I do some work, I left it for a
>> while, the session disconnects which is normal.
>> I come back, I try to authenticate with login/password it keeps telling
> me
>> : your session has expired.
>>
>> Regards.
>
> Is there a time difference between a machine with browser and an IPA
> server?

Petr Vobornik