[Freeipa-users] DNS Dynamic Update Failing

Joshua Ruybal jb.ruybal at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 22:18:34 UTC 2016

Thanks for the reply. It makes a bit more sense now.

I'm running FreeIPA 3.0.0 on CentOS 6.7

I followed your advice and was able to use dynamic update once I removed
the zone forwarder. However I've set the global config to "forward only",
but I'm still getting local resolution when I use dig from a client server.
I'd expect to see the external records instead.

I'm not seeing much in documentation how to troubleshoot this.

Also I realize we're falling into the realm of a different subject and can
start a fresh email chain if needed.

Thanks again,

Josh