[Freeipa-users] Using external certificate in IPA 4.1

Ossi Ahosalmi ponky at shardi.fi
Wed Feb 3 17:02:47 UTC 2016

I'm trying to use our organizations wildcard certificate in IPA.
Certificate is signed by a trusted CA.

Running:
ipa-server-certinstall -w -d <crt + key files>

with next combinations:

- separate .key, .crt and ca chain, all in PEM format
- .crt and ca bundled into one file, .key as a separate file
- everything bundled together into one .p12 pkcs12 file

I always end up with this error:

"The full certificate chain is not present in <list of files inserted>."

My CA file contains the whole chain and works in all other programs,
just not in IPA.