[Freeipa-users] what is the sudo rule runasuser local user account

Baird, Josh jbaird at follett.com
Thu Feb 4 16:00:50 UTC 2016

Actually, I use local (external) users in my sudo rules in IPA 4.2 with no problem.

Example:

  Rule name: TestDBAs
  Enabled: TRUE
  Command category: all
  User Groups: testdbas
  Host Groups: corp_oracle
  RunAs External User: oracle

In this example, 'oracle' is a local user on the server (not in IPA).  I hope this functionality does not go away.

Thanks,

Josh