[Freeipa-users] OS migration from Fedora to CentOS?

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Fri Feb 5 10:35:26 UTC 2016

On 02/04/2016 06:14 PM, Christophe TREFOIS wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are currently running a 3-replica (all are setup with the —setup-ca flag) cluster on Fedora 21, with FreeIPA 4.1.4.
>
> We would like to slowly upgrade to the new version and move away from Fedora to CentOS 7.2.
>
> We were thinking of the following:
>
> - Create 3 CentOS machines with —setup-ca flag so that our current cluster is 6.
> The first CentOS VM would then probably update the DB schema to the new FreeIPA version.
> - Remove the Fedora VMs 1 by 1 from the cluster using ipa-replica-manage del <host>
> - Be happy?
>

> 1. Could you please advise if this is considered the safest practise?

More or less yes:

1. create First IPA 4.2 against some FreeIPA 4.1.4 with CA
2. create the other two against the newly Created CentOS - will verify
if it is in a good shape
3. set new renewal CRL master:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/Promote_CA_to_Renewal_and_CRL_Master
4. Migrate DNA ranges using ipa-replica-manage tool

if all works well, remove all servers:

5. remove CA repl. agreements for old servers using ipa-csreplica-manage del
6. remove old servers data and repl. agreements using ipa-replica-manage del
7. uninstall old servers using ipa-server-install --uninstall

> 2. Do we have to update to intermediate versions and if so how?

Should not be necessary.

--
Petr Vobornik