[Freeipa-users] Failed to setup replica, slapi_ldap_bind fails

Filip Pytloun filip at pytloun.cz
Mon Feb 8 17:05:05 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have a weird issue setting up FreeIPA replica. Conncheck passes fine
but at the end of ipa-replica-install I always get following error:

slapi_ldap_bind -Error: could not send startTLS request: error -11
(Connect error) errno 0 (Success)

on both master and replica without any further explanation in logs.

/etc/ldap.conf is correctly setup before ipa-replica-install and IPA CA
certificate is installed in system CA bundle so TLS should work just
fine.

Also I can manually connect just fine from replica to master and back so
it's not a network or LDAP client issue.

Replica agreement looks like this: http://pastebin.com/FT3p3KUk

freeipa-server 4.1.4
389-ds 1.3.4.5

Has anyone idea where to look at?