[Freeipa-users] IPA 4.2: pki-tomcatd in terrible shape

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Wed Feb 10 09:01:34 UTC 2016

Timothy Geier wrote:

>> On Feb 9, 2016, at 2:58 AM, Rob Crittenden <rcritten at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Timothy Geier wrote:
>>>

>>> The debug log has a lot of instances of:
>>>
>>> Could not connect to LDAP server host xxx.xxxx port 636 Error
>>> netscape.ldap.LDAPException: IO Error creating JSS SSL Socket (-1)
>>> Internal Database Error encountered: Could not connect to LDAP server
>>> host xxx.xxxx port 636 Error netscape.ldap.LDAPException: IO Error
>>> creating JSS SSL Socket (-1)
>>
>> The 389-ds access log may show connection attempts and you might be able to correlate from there.
>>

> [09/Feb/2016:12:55:41 -0600] conn=109598 fd=287 slot=287 SSL connection from master_ip to master_ip
> [09/Feb/2016:12:55:41 -0600] conn=109597 op=0 EXT oid="1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.20037" name="startTLS"
> [09/Feb/2016:12:55:41 -0600] conn=109597 op=0 RESULT err=0 tag=120 nentries=0 etime=0
> [09/Feb/2016:12:55:41 -0600] conn=109598 Netscape Portable Runtime error -8181 (Peer's Certificate has expired.); unauthenticated client CN=CA Subsystem,O=XXXXXXX.NET; issuer CN=Certificate Authority,O=XXXXXXX.NET
> [09/Feb/2016:12:55:41 -0600] conn=109598 op=-1 fd=287 closed - Peer's Certificate has expired.

Ok, right. The subsystem cert expired on Feb 1 so you'd have to back at
least that far in time to do the renewals.

> <snip>
>

>> Some data is also stored in CS.cfg so you might ensure that the certificates stored there are correct as well.
>>

> CS.cfg is correct/restored from backup.
>
>> There are a few entries in ou=People,o=ipaca that need to reflect the current state of certificates as well.
>>

> While looking in cn=config for any o=ipaca entries, the following popped up..it looks like most of the old replicas and the old master hostnames weren’t properly cleaned up and there’s still RUVs for them..nsDS5ReplicaHost and Port also seem to be improperly set:

A problem for a future day I think.

> ou=People doesn’t seem to exist in either the main tree or cn=config.

The base is ou=People,o=ipaca

>> Ok, you'll need to look at the host keytabs because something seems wrong with them. certmonger can't get a ticket using them. This could be because IPA isn't fully running but it is worth a look.
>
> All of the host keytabs on all of the IPA servers are correct..are there any other keytabs to check?

No, just /etc/krb5.keytab. I think you should focus on getting the CA
subsystem certs renewed and then we can look at the other things. So I'd

rob