[Freeipa-users] BIND apparently not loading ldap.so

Chris Lajoie chris at etriptrader.com
Wed Feb 10 19:05:44 UTC 2016

Hi, I am using the bind-dyndb-ldap package (not full FreeIPA) and I am having a problem where it appears that the plugin is not getting loaded by BIND at all. I have nothing in the logs at all from the plugin. No failures of any kind, just regular named startup. I would have expected BIND to provide a log message saying it is loading an external plugin, or at least some kind of initialization message from the plugin itself, but I see neither. What am I doing wrong here?

This is the relevant portion of my named.conf file:

logging {
  channel default_debug {
    file "/var/log/named/named.log" versions 4 size 5m;
    severity info;
    print-time yes;
  };
};