[Freeipa-users] smart cards caintaining multiple certificates

Michael Rainey (Contractor) michael.rainey.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil
Wed Feb 10 22:05:20 UTC 2016

Greetings,

I'm curious as to how IPA handles smart cards containing multiple
certificates.  When I follow the steps listed at
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/DesignDocs/SmartcardAuthenticationStep1
when installing my certificate, I notice the certutil command dumps all
installed certificates, and dumps the certificates in a different order
depending on which certificate is selected.  When the server tries to
match a certificate does it compare all certificates as one long
continuous string, or does it compare one certificate at a time?  I'm
curious if this presents a problem for the end-user or has this problem
been addressed?
--
*Michael Rainey*