[Freeipa-users] BIND apparently not loading ldap.so

Chris Lajoie chris at etriptrader.com
Thu Feb 11 18:32:57 UTC 2016

On 02/11/2016 02:46 AM, Petr Spacek wrote:
> What version of BIND and bind-dyndb-ldap packages are you using?
> $ rpm -q bind bind-dyndb-ldap
bind-9.9.4-29.el7_2.2.x86_64
bind-dyndb-ldap-8.0-1.el7.x86_64

> I'm not sure how exactly the logging magic in BIND works so I would recommend
> you to to run BIND using command:
> $ named -g -u named
> and check output in the console to see if it contains line like
> 'bind-dyndb-ldap version 8.0 compiled at 16:09:02 Jan 20 2016, compiler 5.3.1
> 20151207 (Red Hat 5.3.1-2)'
I get nothing like that. Here is the output I get from running named:
https://gist.github.com/ctlajoie/0ed4e97e72aec3172a8d

> This message is logged at info level.
>

> If it fails, I would recommend you to double-check that BIND is actually
> reading the right configuration file :-) Add line "thismustsurelyfail" to
> random places in named.conf and see ;-)
I had previously been thinking along the same lines and I tried this (I
actually just removed the semicolon from the end of the dynamic-db
block). As expected, named fails to start with a configuration error. I
tried it again just now to confirm.. same result.

Thank you Petr, I appreciate you taking the time to help.