[Freeipa-users] Disable IPA Web UI auto-login

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Mon Feb 15 15:53:29 UTC 2016

Hello,

On 02/15/2016 02:12 PM, Wanderley Mayhé wrote:

> Hello Rob
>

> Regarding the thread
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2010-July/msg00022.html I
> have tested to set KrbMethodK5Passwd to “on” and restarted httpd but IPA
> Web UI was still trying to auto-login user through a browser dialog.
>

> In order to effectively disable this browser dialog, I had to edit
> /etc/httpd/conf.d/ipa.conf
>
> and add this line set KrbMethodNegotiate to off as follows (and restarted
> httpd):
>

> # Protect /ipa and everything below it in webspace with Apache Kerberos
> auth
>
> <Location "/ipa">
>
>    AuthType Kerberos
>
>    AuthName "Kerberos Login"
>
> ##  KrbMethodNegotiate on
>
> KrbMethodNegotiate off
>
>    KrbMethodK5Passwd off
>
>    KrbServiceName HTTP
>
>    KrbAuthRealms IBP.ORG.BR
>
>    Krb5KeyTab /etc/httpd/conf/ipa.keytab
>
>    KrbSaveCredentials on
>
>    KrbConstrainedDelegation on
>
>    Require valid-user
>
>    ErrorDocument 401 /ipa/errors/unauthorized.html
>
> </Location>
>

> Am I correct to assume that that JSON API will not be affected by this
> change?

No

> Is there any major problems this setting could cause?

Yes, it would affect the API :)

Better option would be to modify Web UI with UI plugin to skip Kerberous
auth - harder to explain.

Or easier thing might be to modify ipa.conf in a way that
/ipa/session/login_kerberos would not return negotiate headers but would
fail immediately with 401.

--
Petr Vobornik