[Freeipa-users] Problem with Sync. IPA and Active directory using an external CA server with key size of 4096

Mitra Dehghan mitra.dehghan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 08:18:53 UTC 2016

Hello,
I want to Sync IPA and Active directory servers:
1- I'm using an external root CA server which uses key size of 4096
2- Both IPA and Active directory, use the same CA server as external root
CA.
3- Using default configuration,the handshake process for establishing SSL
connection between servers(IPA and active directory) is failed during
certificate-base authentication. As a result password Sync. fails after
user synchronization is done.

I guess the problem is key size and I was wondering if any special changes
are required in the CA instance configured by IPA or if the job is possible
at all.

Note: Things goes well when I use internal CA servers both for active
directory and IPA server.
--
m-dehghan