[Freeipa-users] sssd went away, failed to restart

Harald Dunkel harald.dunkel at aixigo.de
Tue Feb 23 12:01:09 UTC 2016

On 02/23/2016 11:58 AM, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:
> I would rather focus on different thing.
> Why is sssd_be process blocked for long time?

I have no idea. Was it really blocked?

> Do you use enumeration?
> If yes do you really need it.

Nope.

> Workaround might be to increate timeout between heartbeats
> which are used to ensure that the process is alive and capable of answering
> requests. The default value is 10 seconds. Double it should be enough
> because there is by default 6 heartbeats IIRC.

10 seconds is surely not OK. On Unix its not unlikely
that a job is swapped out for 20 seconds or more.
(Zabbix said that memory was fine, so this is not the
case here.)

Does it really have to be watched? Wouldn't it be the
job of systemd to restart the service when it dies?

Regards
Harri