[Freeipa-users] server installation but client part fails

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 23 16:38:56 UTC 2016

On 23/02/16 15:04, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> lejeczek wrote:
>> hi everybody
>>
>> I'm trying server installation but it fails, I think very last leg, and
>> I was hoping you could suggest places which I should start looking at.
>>
>>    [7/7]: configuring ipa-dnskeysyncd to start on boot
>> Done configuring DNS key synchronization service (ipa-dnskeysyncd).
>> Restarting ipa-dnskeysyncd
>> Restarting named
>> Restarting the web server
>> ipa.ipapython.install.cli.install_tool(Server): ERROR Configuration of
>> client side components failed!
>> ipa-client-install returned: Command ''/usr/sbin/ipa-client-install'
>> '--on-master' '--unattended' '--domain' '.private.my.private' '--server'
>> '.private.my.private' '--realm' 'PRIVATE.MY.PRIVATE' '--hostname'
>> '.private.my.private'' returned non-zero exit status 1
>>
>> many thanks
>>
> Look in /var/log/ipaserver-install.log and
> /var/log/ipaclient-install.log for a more detailed reason.
>
> rob

thanks Rob, I was missing client part of logs.
I just have to be careful with my finely grained
configuration & config files.
If anybody stumbles upon similar errors - first thing to do
is to make sure your already existing httpd config(s) does
not exclude *.conf from Apache's main dir, which is where
IPA renders its files.