[Freeipa-users] Delete DNS record along with hostname

Olivier Cervello ocervello at cccis.com
Tue Feb 23 19:41:42 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am trying to delete DNS record with the --updatedns options of ipa host-del command.

The steps I followed were:

root at server$ kinit admin

root at server$ ipa host-del <hostname> --updatedns

'ipa: ERROR: <hostname>: host not found'.

The following:

ipa host-del <hostname> (without --updatedns flag) doesn't return this error.

ipa dnsrecord-del <zone> <hostname> works fine as well, meaning I have permission to view and delete DNS records.

I think it might be related to the following issue:

Please advise.

Best,

Olivier Cervello | DevOps Engineer
CCC Information Services Inc.
222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 900 Chicago, IL 60654
Cell : 312-918-6018
ocervello at cccis.com