[Freeipa-users] sssd went away, failed to restart

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Thu Feb 25 12:55:45 UTC 2016

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 01:48:20PM +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Hi Jakub,
>
> On 02/24/2016 09:24 AM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> >
> > Do you have debug_level=N in the [domain] section?
> >

> I have set N=5. Is this OK to set global debugging for all
> modules?

Putting the option to the [domain] section would make the sssd_be
process log more verbosely. Since the sssd process is the one that kills
the non-responsive processes, it also makes sense to add the debug_level
to the [sssd] section.

5 might be a good start.

> I am used to set something like
>
> 	debug_level = info
>
> but the man page doesn't tell.

man sssd.conf explains the format of the argument (decimal or
hexadecimal number)