[Freeipa-users] Unable to get new certificates after upgrade

Alessandro De Maria alessandro.demaria at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 20:36:46 UTC 2016

Hello list,

I was running freeipa 4.1 on Centos 7.1.
I wanted to upgrade to freeipa 4.2.x to make use of user certificates.

Upgrade (through yum upgrade) went ok and I am now on version:
Name        : ipa-server
Version     : 4.2.0
Release     : 15.el7_2.6

However I am unable to generate new certificates (this functionality was
working perfectly before)

When I use ipa-getcert request I get the following message (ipa-getcert
list)

*Failed request, will retry: 4001 (RPC failed at server. caIPAserviceCert:
Certificate Profile not found*
I read this blog:
https://blog-ftweedal.rhcloud.com/2015/08/user-certificates-and-custom-profiles-with-freeipa-4-2/

I tried the following:
$ ipa certprofile-show caIPAserviceCert
ipa: ERROR: caIPAserviceCert: Certificate Profile not found

So i tried to download *caIPAserviceCert* from this url and importing it:

$ wget
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/encukou/freeipa/master/install/share/profiles/caIPAserviceCert.cfg

$ ipa certprofile-import caIPAserviceCert --file caIPAserviceCert.cfg
--desc "Default certificates" --store TRUE
ipa: ERROR: Non-2xx response from CA REST API: 400 Bad Request. Profile
already exists

So I imported it with another profile name (caIPAserviceCert_new) and that
worked (I can see it from the web interface, but I cannot see caIPAserviceCert
there)

I tried to use:
ipa-getcert request -T caIPAserviceCert_new  ... ... ...

and that still gives the the infamous message above:
*Failed request, will retry: 4001 (RPC failed at server. caIPAserviceCert:
Certificate Profile not found*

Could someone help me out please? I noticed that 4.2.3 is out with
important bug fixes, is there a repository out there with Centos rmps?

Regards
Alessandro
--

Alessandro De Maria