[Freeipa-users] IPA users not visible in NIS passwd map

Prasun Gera prasun.gera at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 02:21:05 UTC 2016

This is the output of the command:

ldapsearch  -LLL -H $(cat /etc/ipa/default.conf | grep ldap_uri|cut -d=
-f2) -b cn=config '(nis-domain=*)' dn CreateTimestamp ModifyTimestamp
SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
SASL username: gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth
SASL SSF: 0
dn: nis-domain=domain.edu+nis-map=auto.home,cn=NIS
Server,cn=plugins,cn=config
CreateTimestamp: 20150321091139Z
ModifyTimestamp: 20150321091139Z

dn: nis-domain=domain.edu+nis-map=auto.local,cn=NIS
Server,cn=plugins,cn=confi
CreateTimestamp: 20150321091209Z
ModifyTimestamp: 20150321091209Z

dn: nis-domain=domain.edu+nis-map=auto.master,cn=NIS
Server,cn=plugins,cn=conf
 ig
CreateTimestamp: 20150321091201Z
ModifyTimestamp: 20150321091201Z

dn: nis-domain=domain.edu+nis-map=ethers.byaddr,cn=NIS
Server,cn=plugins,cn=co
 nfig
CreateTimestamp: 20150320220124Z
ModifyTimestamp: 20150320220124Z

dn: nis-domain=domain.edu+nis-map=ethers.byname,cn=NIS
Server,cn=plugins,cn=co
 nfig
CreateTimestamp: 20150320220124Z
ModifyTimestamp: 20150320220124Z

dn: nis-domain=domain.edu+nis-map=group.bygid,cn=NIS
Server,cn=plugins,cn=conf
 ig
CreateTimestamp: 20150320220124Z
ModifyTimestamp: 20150320220124Z

dn: nis-domain=domain.edu+nis-map=group.byname,cn=NIS
Server,cn=plugins,cn=con
 fig
CreateTimestamp: 20150320220124Z
ModifyTimestamp: 20150320220124Z

dn: nis-domain=domain.edu+nis-map=netgroup,cn=NIS
Server,cn=plugins,cn=config
CreateTimestamp: 20150320220124Z
ModifyTimestamp: 20150320220124Z

dn: nis-domain=domain.edu+nis-map=netid.byname,cn=NIS
Server,cn=plugins,cn=con
 fig
CreateTimestamp: 20150320220124Z
ModifyTimestamp: 20150320220124Z

dn: nis-domain=domain.edu+nis-map=passwd.byname,cn=NIS
Server,cn=plugins,cn=co
 nfig
CreateTimestamp: 20150320220124Z
ModifyTimestamp: 20150320220124Z

dn: nis-domain=domain.edu+nis-map=passwd.byuid,cn=NIS
Server,cn=plugins,cn=con
 fig
CreateTimestamp: 20150320220124Z
ModifyTimestamp: 20150320220124Z

All the maps are listed from what I can tell. passwd is the one that is not
working as expected. Autofs maps are working all right on nis clients.