[Freeipa-users] 4.2 (or 4.3) clients on 4.1.4 server?

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Tue Jan 12 12:24:23 UTC 2016

On 01/11/2016 10:21 PM, Janelle wrote:
> Good day,
>
> Just wondering if anyone knows of any reason a 4.2 client running on RHEL 7.2
> would have any issues talking to 4.1.4 server on RHEL 7.1? The reason I ask is
> the process of upgrading. In this case we have to do clients first.

If by "talk", you mean use identity, authentication and authorization services
- 7.2 talking to 7.1 will work. If by "talk" you mean "ipa" management tool,
then this would not work unless special option is used (see recent thread from
Jan Pazdziora for details).

Details:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Client#Compatibility

Martin