[Freeipa-users] tricky one in OpenLDAP migration, groups

Janelle janellenicole80 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 15:29:19 UTC 2016

Hello,

This may not be possible, or if it is I am going to guess it is not
going to be easy. If I have an old OpenLDAP environment with users who
never had unique UIG/GID - in other words, the GID was not unique to a
user, instead it was some global group. Well, I was hoping to migrate
over the OpenLDAP domain to IPA, but at the same time create a private
group for each user. Just wondering if this might be possible?

Example OpenLDAP
user=freddy (UID=13) , GID=123456(friday)

After migration to IPA:
user= uid=13(freddy), gid=13(freddy), groups=123456(friday)

Does that make sense?
~J