[Freeipa-users] GID, groups and ipa group-show

Prasun Gera prasun.gera at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 00:40:31 UTC 2016

This is an old thread, but I can confirm that this is still an issue on
RHEL 7.2 + 4.2. This creates problems when there are roles associated with
groups, but group membership through GID is broken. I had migrated all old
NIS accounts into ipa. I then added the host enrollment role to a
particular group. Now, unless I add the users to the group explicitly, they
won't get the role, even if their gid is the same as the gid of the group.