[Freeipa-users] Announcing FreeIPA 4.3.0 - demo

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Fri Jan 15 09:16:38 UTC 2016

On 12/18/2015 06:24 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
> The FreeIPA team would like to announce FreeIPA v4.3.0 release!
>
> It can be downloaded from http://www.freeipa.org/page/Downloads. The builds are
> available for Fedora rawhide. Builds for Fedora 23 are available in the
> official COPR repository
> <https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/mkosek/freeipa-4.3/>.
>
> This announcement is also available at
> <http://www.freeipa.org/page/Releases/4.3.0>.
>
> == Highlights in 4.3.0 ==
> * Simplified management of replication topology - control and display your
> topology from CLI and UI
> * Simplified replica installation - install replica without ''replica package''
> via OTP, keytab or privileged user credentials. The new method is called
> ''replica promotion'' as it adds FreeIPA server capability to existing or new
> client

FreeIPA demo [1] was upgraded to version 4.3.0. Compared to previous Demo
version (4.2.x), you can now see the new Topology tab in "IPA Server" section,
to get information about the FreeIPA servers in the realm, including a very
thrilling Topology Graph :-)

The Apache service was also updated to use a trusted certificate from Let's
Encrypt, so you no longer need to waive the nasty Certificate Warning. Thanks
to Petr Spacek and Jan Cholasta for helping me setting it up.

[1] http://www.freeipa.org/page/Demo