[Freeipa-users] IPA wont start, all services fail

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Thu Jan 21 07:51:22 UTC 2016

On Thu, 21 Jan 2016, Simpson Lachlan wrote:
> [...]
The SID is generated by sidgen plugin but you can edit it with
ldapmodify yes.

>No, because that's again not the issue.
No, it *is* the issue for Samba to start.

>The samba error I get is
>
>pdb backend ipasam:ldapi://%2fvar%2frun%2fslapd-UNIX-CO-ORG-AU.socket did not correctly init (error was NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER)
>
>pbdedit fails on the same problem.
Sure, because it cannot initialize its ipasam LDAP driver which requires
properly set up LDAP data which is supposed to be set up by
ipa-adtrust-install.

I would appreciate you concentrating on the right issue instead of
jumping around to pretend Samba can start without fixing the real issue
at hand.

>How can I set the SID of the default group manually - by which I mean,
>using a command line tool to manipulate text (rather than a shell
>script or ipa-adtrust).
At this point let us do a different look. Can you provide
/var/log/ipaserver-install.log and /var/log/ipaupgrade.log somehow off
the mailing list to see what exactly had happened to your environment
when it was installed and when ipa-adtrust-install was run?

I'm pretty busy with other stuff so analyzing these files might take
several days.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy