[Freeipa-users] Default shell for AD-domain accounts

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 11:00:30 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to get an ipa server to trust a microsoft AD-domain.

So far I've managed to get the trust to work and I can login with an
active directory user on the ipa clients.

Now I see the default shell is set to /bin/sh.
Since the preffered shel is bash for me I wish to change this.
It doesn't help to set this in the ipa server config since these
accounts are external ms accounts.

In the goog old days we used to have posix attributes schemas in the
AD one of them being the shell.

Sadly this is a thing of the past.
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Windows_Integration_Guide/ex.sssd-ad-posix.html

How do I define a new default shell for all ms-AD accounts in ipa ?

Cheers
Rob Verduijn