[Freeipa-users] Default shell for AD-domain accounts

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 09:44:04 UTC 2016

Maybe the difference was that I used a fresh demo installation from
windows 2012r2 server.
I only added the ad-controller, dns and ntp functionality for testing.
(and all the patches...which literaly takes a day to complete on a
system with 4 cores and 4G ram)

I also found out that dnsseq is not default, so I disabled dnsseq
validation on the ipa server in the named.conf.
Because this already cost me a day's work debugging and not to mention
lack of knowledge on how to do this in ad.

Minor side note,
according to : https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Windows_Integration_Guide/trust-requirements.html#dns-realm-settings
In the dns verification checks it tells you to verify the kerberos udp record
dig +short -t SRV _kerberos._udp.dc._msdcs.ad.example.com.
This yields no response

There is no udp record in the ad , but there is a tcp record.
dig +short -t SRV _kerberos._tcp.dc._msdcs.ad.example.com.
This gives a response

I also validated the trust on the AD side, I'm not sure this is needed.

After doing this I can issue the command : 'id AD.DOMAIN\\ADUSER' and
I get a response telling me the uid/gid/ad-id/ad-group etc.

Rob Verduijn