[Freeipa-users] ipa-admintools version incompatibility

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Wed Jan 27 07:30:14 UTC 2016

Adding freeipa-users list back, so that others benefit from the discussion.

On 01/26/2016 07:47 PM, Izzo, Anthony wrote:
> The error I'm getting is that the option "raw" is invalid.  The dnsrecord-del command includes a "--raw" switch on RHEL6, but not on RHEL7.  I am not using the switch, but according to the debug output, RHEL6 is passing "raw" (as a parameter with a value) unconditionally, with the value indicating whether the flag was selected or not.  Since RHEL7 does not accept "raw", it fails.

Ah, I see. It looks like we broke forward compatibility of this command in
I think dnsrecord-del should at least "eat" the options withour raising error.
CCing Martin Basti to eventually create ticket for it. Martin, can you think of
any workaround that Anthony could use, besides using nsupdate?