[Freeipa-users] ERROR: missing attribute "ipaNTSecurityIdentifier" required by object class "ipaNTUserAttrs"

Anil Kommareddy anil_3g at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 27 20:51:07 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I have an ipa-server-4.2.0-15.el7_2.3.x86_64 on which I installed ipa-server-trust-ad-4.2.0-15.el7_2.3.x86_64 and ran "ipa-adtrust-install --add-sids" command.  After some initial issues it started working fine.
This has created  ipaNTSecurityIdentifier to existing user accounts fine.  It seem to create ipaNTHash on changing the password of the existing users.
But when add new users, i am getting this error.   Is there any way to fix this issue?
ERROR: missing attribute "ipaNTSecurityIdentifier" required by object class "ipaNTUserAttrs"
Greatly appreciate your help.
Regards,Anil