[Freeipa-users] Centos 7, CA log files, bug report?

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 21:20:29 UTC 2016

Hi,

Not sure if this is a bug or if I'm ignorant of the RH world, but when I
try to do a fresh IPA install on Centos 7.2, I'm getting failures here:

  [1/27]: creating certificate server user
  [2/27]: configuring certificate server instance
ipa.ipaserver.install.cainstance.CAInstance: CRITICAL Failed to configure
CA instance: Command ''/usr/sbin/pkispawn' '-s' 'CA' '-f' '/tmp/tmpAGdITu''
returned non-zero exit status 1
ipa.ipaserver.install.cainstance.CAInstance: CRITICAL See the installation
logs and the following files/directories for more information:
ipa.ipaserver.install.cainstance.CAInstance: CRITICAL
/var/log/pki-ca-install.log
ipa.ipaserver.install.cainstance.CAInstance: CRITICAL
/var/log/pki/pki-tomcat
  [error] RuntimeError: CA configuration failed.
ipa.ipapython.install.cli.install_tool(Server): ERROR    CA configuration
failed.

[root at emts-centos71-7f ~]# ipa --version
VERSION: 4.2.0, API_VERSION: 2.156

CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)

Most importantly for me, /var/log/pki-ca-install.log doesn't exist and
there is no file that looks like it anywhere on my system. Is this a bug?

cheers
L.

------
The most dangerous phrase in the language is, "We've always done it this
way."

- Grace Hopper