[Freeipa-users] Moving default "admin" user to service accounts

Marat Vyshegorodtsev marat.vyshegorodtsev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 02:27:41 UTC 2016

Hi!

My FreeIPA deployment is a part of PCI cardholder data environment.

Hence, I have to comply with with the requirements such as 8.1.1
(assign unique ID to each user) and 8.5 (do not use generic or shared
IDs).

I would like to move this user under service accounts (it may still be
used by chef/puppet to run the recipes etc), but I don't see how it is
even possible.

I tried recreating this user under cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc and removing
the following object classes, but this breaks everything.
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: posixaccount
objectClass: ipaobject
objectClass: ipasshuser
objectClass: ipaSshGroupOfPubKeys

How can I pull this off? Did anybody pass PCI DSS audit (for real, I'm
not talking about sloppy QSAs) using FreeIPA as an IdM solution?

Best regards,
Marat