[Freeipa-users] webmaster permission

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Fri Jul 1 11:43:35 UTC 2016

On 1.7.2016 13:35, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a newbie with IPA and have big Problems ;-),
> the "normal" Installation is working nice. :-))
>
> But now I have a Problem ?
>
> CentOS 7.2 IPA 4.3.1
> 1 Server (extern) with Virtual Systems (KVM) installed.
> DNSserver, Mailserver, Ipaserver,Webserver..
>
> Now we like to have our Websystem on this Server
>
> What is the best way to allow a external Webmaster to create or modify the
> websites with joomla, and have the secure from IPA.
>
> Have any a hint or link for this Problem.

Hi,

it is strongly recommended to keep FreeIPA on a separate machine / VM and do
not mix it with anything else. FreeIPA should be considered as security centre
of your network and having additional applications under the same operating
system instance is potentially opening doors to attackers.

My recommendation is to install a seperate VM for FreeIPA and another separate
VM for other applications.

--
Petr^2 Spacek