[Freeipa-users] ipa trust-fetch-domains failing.

pgb205 pgb205 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 4 03:36:06 UTC 2016

Selinux is disabled on the server. However, I managed to fix the problem buy adding the AD.DOMAIN {}
section to my krb5.conf in addition to IPA.DOMAIN {}. So it now looks like [realms]IPA.DOMAIN{master_kdc=ipa.dc.ipadomain:portauth_kdc=ipa.dc.ipadomain:port...}
AD.DOMAIN{master_kdc=ad.dc.addomain:portauth_kdc=ad.dc.addomain:port...}
this had the desired effect although I am not 100 clear on why this worked.
My theory is that we have multiple domain controllers and of course the addomain.com forward zone that was configured prior returns a full list. Only the ports to the one ad.dc.addomain.com server have been opened between the ipa and ad servers and so when trust command is executed connection goes to some domain controller that IPA can't connect to, eventually generating an error.
Just a theory for now.
thanks